Skip to content
What Is The Marathon Shuffle?
- A hike, run, or “shuffle” along a 27-kilometre section of the Sunshine Coast Trail (SCT)
- An experience that takes the participant through pockets of preserved old growth and temperate rainforest, alongside creeks and lakes, through dales, over hills, and past one of the 15 iconic huts of the SCT.
- An annual spring tradition for many since 1993
- An event that offers magnificent panoramas of the coast, ocean inlets, Salish Sea islands, backcountry lakes, and bird’s eye views of the City of Powell River itself.
- A focus on fun and community for anyone who can realistically finish within the eight (8) hour time limit
- An event that attracts hikers and runners from across the province and beyond our borders. The current record holders for the Shuffle are:
- Male: Graham Cocksedge (Powell River) 2:13 (2016)
- Female: Darbykai Standrick (Powell River) 2:50 (2022)
- A ZERO WASTE event
- A collaborative effort between qathet Parks and Wilderness Society (qPAWS), the Tla’amin Nation and the BOMB Squad (Bloody Old Men’s Brigade) to promote the world class Sunshine Coast Trail